The Simple Faith of Mr. Rogers

A co-worker gave me this book to read over the summer. It wasn't hard read, but I just finished it. The fact that I finished it is amazing!! I've started a TON of books, but I rarely finish one! I'm glad I read it, but it wouldn't be at the top of my recommendation list. Here are a couple notes/quotes I wrote down from the book:
1. A supply pastor taught Fred: "What is offered in faith by one person can be translated by the Holy Spirit into what the other preson needs to hear and see. The space between them is holy ground, and the Holy Spirit uses that space in ways that not only translate, but transcend."
2. evil=accuser vs. Jesus=advocate
We need to see ourselves as God created us so we can look through those eyes to see others as God created them (to see the good, not just the bad). See the best in ourselves so we can see the best in others.
3. "When your heart can cry another's sadness, then your heart is full of love." (Josie Carey Franz & Fred Rogers "Then your Heart is Full of Love")

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home