I said in my "Cheers" post that I would tell more about our great day...THE MR already wrote about it in his blog, so I'll just copy what he said (with a few little comments added in purple).
Hello Cruel World! I have a lot to say today. I'll start with Saturday. The MRS and I FINALLY had a chance to get away and enjoy the weekend. On Saturday, we took a "PICK-I-NICK" down to Conkle's Hollow. We managed to walk all the way back to the water falls. (A VERY easy walk, I might add. My knees took it pretty well...I could even walk semi-normally the next day!) In keeping with tradition since our honeymoon, trhe falls were all dry but one. Yeah...on our honeymoon...Bridal Veils Falls were dry...we walked all the way to it, looking forward to getting my picture (the bride) near the falls...but nope!! That seems to be our luck! We were able to walk up to the point where it was splashing. We enjoyed the sun and watched the little fishies clinging to life in what little water was able to pool at the base of the falls.Then, we walked back to a picnic area and enjoyed a feast fit for a king, ignoring the animal that was sitting behind a close by tree. I'll have you know, I didn't obsess about it!!! On our way out of the park, we decided that we were going to back track to Old Man's Cave. So, out of the parking lot we turned. I a bit of Deja Vu, we drove blissfully unaware that I turned the the wrong way out of the parking lot. After about 5 minutes of driving, we came to the dead end of the road that we had been riding on...Luck was on our side, the road dead ended into the main road headed back to the interstate about 5 miles north of Old Man's Cave. In short, I found a short cut back to Conkle's Hollow, if we ever get back there.The MRS and I proceeded to go to Logan where we toured through a Craft Mall, and a glass outlet store, skipping the homestyle restaraunt, and the Antique Superstore. On our way back up the raod we stopped a local fleamarket. The term flea market is really not applicable here, while there are people selling their junk like regular flea markets, this place has an upscale feel to it. The owners have built several pole barns were several upscale peddlers sell their homemade wares. There was a Red Wing outlet, and a Wrangler outlet, and a furniture shop that sold handcrafted EVERYTHING! The pricing structure was bettler suited for Lazarus or Macy's than a flea market, but the stuff was beautiful none the less. If you're in the area, I vote you skip the fleamarket unless you're really into looking at other people's junk. I'm having enough of that this summer with my house and my grandparents' house! We passed by several more antique boutiques, and off in the distance there were food and drink stands. On the way out reality hit, when there was a rusted set of Tonka Toys for sale at the Flea market. Aparently, the toys that I played with as a kid are now collectibles...expensive antiques to be exact...Uh, honey...you know what that means, don't you?! (You're old!) ;) To end our day we watched a movie when we returned home, and went to Samuri Sword's for dinner. (See the MRS' Blog from Yesterday.)
Hello Cruel World! I have a lot to say today. I'll start with Saturday. The MRS and I FINALLY had a chance to get away and enjoy the weekend. On Saturday, we took a "PICK-I-NICK" down to Conkle's Hollow. We managed to walk all the way back to the water falls. (A VERY easy walk, I might add. My knees took it pretty well...I could even walk semi-normally the next day!) In keeping with tradition since our honeymoon, trhe falls were all dry but one. Yeah...on our honeymoon...Bridal Veils Falls were dry...we walked all the way to it, looking forward to getting my picture (the bride) near the falls...but nope!! That seems to be our luck! We were able to walk up to the point where it was splashing. We enjoyed the sun and watched the little fishies clinging to life in what little water was able to pool at the base of the falls.Then, we walked back to a picnic area and enjoyed a feast fit for a king, ignoring the animal that was sitting behind a close by tree. I'll have you know, I didn't obsess about it!!! On our way out of the park, we decided that we were going to back track to Old Man's Cave. So, out of the parking lot we turned. I a bit of Deja Vu, we drove blissfully unaware that I turned the the wrong way out of the parking lot. After about 5 minutes of driving, we came to the dead end of the road that we had been riding on...Luck was on our side, the road dead ended into the main road headed back to the interstate about 5 miles north of Old Man's Cave. In short, I found a short cut back to Conkle's Hollow, if we ever get back there.The MRS and I proceeded to go to Logan where we toured through a Craft Mall, and a glass outlet store, skipping the homestyle restaraunt, and the Antique Superstore. On our way back up the raod we stopped a local fleamarket. The term flea market is really not applicable here, while there are people selling their junk like regular flea markets, this place has an upscale feel to it. The owners have built several pole barns were several upscale peddlers sell their homemade wares. There was a Red Wing outlet, and a Wrangler outlet, and a furniture shop that sold handcrafted EVERYTHING! The pricing structure was bettler suited for Lazarus or Macy's than a flea market, but the stuff was beautiful none the less. If you're in the area, I vote you skip the fleamarket unless you're really into looking at other people's junk. I'm having enough of that this summer with my house and my grandparents' house! We passed by several more antique boutiques, and off in the distance there were food and drink stands. On the way out reality hit, when there was a rusted set of Tonka Toys for sale at the Flea market. Aparently, the toys that I played with as a kid are now collectibles...expensive antiques to be exact...Uh, honey...you know what that means, don't you?! (You're old!) ;) To end our day we watched a movie when we returned home, and went to Samuri Sword's for dinner. (See the MRS' Blog from Yesterday.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home