Thursday, August 03, 2006

Well, I did it...the first day of my transition. I stopped by...uh...that place...the "s" word...I guess it's August and I have to use "the s word"...I stopped by school this afternoon. I did my traditional first visit. Chatted with the secretary and one of the custodians, went through a summer's worth of mail (most of which went into the recycling bin), looked at my classroom (with ridiculously shiny floors), and walked out. Next time, I'll actually try working in my room and get frustrated at not knowing where to start and leave. This usually lasts an hour or two. The third day (these are not consecutive days usually) will be spent moving things around and physically putting things into place. Then I feel like I'm making progress. Then it's back to work for real!!! So begins my tradition of entering back into the real world!

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

Welcome back to the "real" world. We started the first of the month but I only went yesterday to sub for a bit. Great to have the option to go whenever and stay whenever. Remember, you are in my prayers and let me know what needs prayed for! Love you.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home