another random post
I just have to vent cuz I promised myself I wouldn't comment on anyone's blog or send email comments that could be taken the wrong way. And if you're reading this...I'm probably not talking about you anyway, so don't read too much into it!!!!
The MR and I are in the process of changing priorities in our lives. As a result, we don't have the same amount of time for certain tasks or people we used to. Some tasks have fallen by the wayside and people wonder why someone's not doing them. (Uh, could it possibly be that NO ONE ELSE is doing it?!) A couple people are frustrated that we don't have as much time for them as we used to. In other cases, some people have forgotten, or haven't learned yet, that you have to keep on us to actually make the plans we want to make. We truly WANT to make the plans, but you have to keep on us til they actually get on our calendar. My other frustration recently is for the few who get frustrated with us when we don't do things on THEIR time schedule or the time schedule THEY think WE should be on. We totally drop the ball sometimes. We mess up sometimes. BUT...SOMETIMES we're doing what's best for us in the long run. We've really been working on our relationship as a couple and preparing our lives for the change of adding to our family.
I'm not mad at anyone...not upset...just frustrated at those who don't understand. I just wish I could help them understand in a way that doesn't come across as mean. (Most of you probably know that isn't a strength of mine!!!!) Change is never easy but often necessary. I am SO THANKFUL for our friends (even some of whom we rarely see) who are supportive of us and encourage us to be better people. I have tears welling up even as I type this...I'm so thankful for those who accept us for who we are, even if they don't like it. I appreciate those who encourage us to improve...who walk with us as we grow and change. I can't wait to have a little one join our group of friends. We truly have a village to help us!
Deep breath...
The MR and I are in the process of changing priorities in our lives. As a result, we don't have the same amount of time for certain tasks or people we used to. Some tasks have fallen by the wayside and people wonder why someone's not doing them. (Uh, could it possibly be that NO ONE ELSE is doing it?!) A couple people are frustrated that we don't have as much time for them as we used to. In other cases, some people have forgotten, or haven't learned yet, that you have to keep on us to actually make the plans we want to make. We truly WANT to make the plans, but you have to keep on us til they actually get on our calendar. My other frustration recently is for the few who get frustrated with us when we don't do things on THEIR time schedule or the time schedule THEY think WE should be on. We totally drop the ball sometimes. We mess up sometimes. BUT...SOMETIMES we're doing what's best for us in the long run. We've really been working on our relationship as a couple and preparing our lives for the change of adding to our family.
I'm not mad at anyone...not upset...just frustrated at those who don't understand. I just wish I could help them understand in a way that doesn't come across as mean. (Most of you probably know that isn't a strength of mine!!!!) Change is never easy but often necessary. I am SO THANKFUL for our friends (even some of whom we rarely see) who are supportive of us and encourage us to be better people. I have tears welling up even as I type this...I'm so thankful for those who accept us for who we are, even if they don't like it. I appreciate those who encourage us to improve...who walk with us as we grow and change. I can't wait to have a little one join our group of friends. We truly have a village to help us!
Deep breath...

3 Comments:
I've noticed that same type of behavior in people myself. It's unfortunate. Just keep in mind that in the end, God will surround you with those that are best for your current place in HIS plan for your life.
What? You mean you can't do everything all at once? ;-)
And trust me, once there's a little one in the house, there will be even less time, so those who are frustrated need to learn to adjust as well.
Hi Ronda,
Thinking about you today and praying for you. I echo Brian's comments about your time once you have a little one. I've actually lost several friends who just couldn't seem to understand that you can't just drop everything on a moment's notice.
Post a Comment
<< Home