Saturday, December 31, 2005

Christmas

I've already encountered THE question and will get it to the extreme when I go back to work..."HOW WAS YOUR CHRISTMAS?"

I can honestly answer it was awesome, incredible, wonderful...
F A N T A B U L O U S !!!...and if I had a better vocabulary I'd be able to make a better comment. In addition to the fun I had with my students (see previous post), I had a wonderful "winter break" (we can't call it Christmas break, ya know!). It started by spending a day with "my Danielle" making peppermint bark and cards and talking (imagine that!). This was followed by a wonderful visit with our close friends - a treasured time. Then I spent some special time with my friends who were in town from New York - a true gift! Christmas with the MR's family went well (it's all relative)! I enjoyed the time and conversations with his brothers and sisters-in-law and especially with our nieces (ages 3 and 4 months). We went to 2 church services that evening and hung out between the two...it was a great experience! Christmas with my family was very nice! We ate our traditional breakfast, went to church, opened a billion gifts, ate Christmas dinner, opened more gifts, played a game, then hung out playing with our new toys. It was very relaxed and everyone was in a good mood!! The good times continued with lunch with my friends from NY and a progressive dinner with family and family/friends. (I love it when you walk into the room and can't tell who is related and who isn't!!) :) We are so blessed to have an extended family like this! The rest of the vacation to date has been spent sleeping (a new concept for me), making cards, watching and going to movies, hanging out, cleaning...taking a break from work!

Some people complain about the business of the season...but I celebrate it!!! What a joy to spend time with those who have special places in our hearts!!!!!

I hope you had a great Christmas as well. Here's to a great 2006! Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home