Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Celebrating What's Right

I've been trying to keep my attitude focused on positive things rather than getting caught up in the frustrating, challenging, negative things. Then Monday we went to an in-service on the topic. It wasn't really an inservice, but a nice reminder to focus on the positive. It sounds so easy until you really try it. I'm constantly reminded of my faults and things I don't get done, I read negative blogs, I hear people who do nothing but complain...the list goes on. DON'T GET ME WRONG! There are certainly tough situations people are dealing with! I completely understand that! (I live that!) And there are times when you need to vent and share! I most certainly do! I'm not talking about that at all. I'm referring to the people who seem to hate their job ALL the time. (If you hate your job so much, why are you there?!) I'm referring to the people who complain that they don't have what they want, time from others or materials (instead of being content with what they have). I'm referring to the people who only let critical, judgmental comments flow (guilty!!).

So, as I think about this, I throw my own question back at myself..."So, what are you going to do about it?!" Here are some things I've been trying:* looking for, recognizing, and celebrating the positive things
* intentionally trying to make more positive comments
* surrounding myself with others who are more positive than me to help me
* recognizing others being positive at work - it's a secret mission in collaboration with my principal :)

And while I'm on the topic (I can't believe you're still reading!)...here are some things I've been celebrating recently! (not an exclusive list - just some from off the top of my head)* reading positive comments on a friend's blog* 1 good day in a row with a specific student
* a nap after school on Monday
* prayer ministry reached a complete stranger not associated with church
* evenings AT HOME with the MR!!!!!!!!!
* inspiring presentation from author/illustrator at school
* moments captured by photography
* The MR helping out at home
* A nice email from a friend
* thinking about my friends, especially those I don't see often, and remembering how much they mean to me
* mashed potatoes (I made them for dinner last night-YUM!)
* Christmas shopping almost finished

Anyway...enough random rambling for today. What are you celebrating?!
Have a GREAT day!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm celebrating having a friend with this much insight and drive to stay aware of ruts and have enough guts to work at getting out of them. You are wonderful!--Teresa

Friday, November 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home