misc catching up
I've been meaning to blog these thoughts/events, but I just can't seem to get the time. But here they are for what they're worth....
1. In the staff restroom at work is a quote. (Do men's restrooms have this kind of stuff too? I can't imagine!!) Anyway...
In the end, everything will be okay.
If it's not okay, it's not the end.
Author Unknown
At first, I totally disagreed with this and wanted to take it down. Everything is not okay!!!! Cancer is not ok, child abuse is not ok, random acts of violence is not ok. But then I focused on "it's not the end" and remembered that all these things are earthly things...temporary. This WILL be ok in the end! The sign still remains and I use it to remind myself that the stress of situations (especially several at school right now) is temporary.
2. I've been working hard at looking at my priorities and adjusting some where necessary. In doing so, I'm having to let go of responsibilities and other commitments. I'm also working to make the time to maintain relationships in my life that deserve to be maintained. I'm not great, but trying to get better at my relationship with the MR. I'm failing in a BIG way with one important friendship - for which I'll be asking forgiveness and trying to find a way to be a better friend. One night recently, I shared this with my accountability group and asked them to keep that in their prayers and help me be accountable to what I say I want to do. The next night, I got a call from a friend I rarely talk to. My cell phone (which is usually off that time of night) rang and I didn't even want to answer it. When I saw who it was, I knew immediately it was an answer to my prayers! It was good to talk to my dear friend! Now, if I could only be the same kind of friend to someone I dearly miss in my life. I need to work on it, but don't know where to start!
3. I won't go into all the details...and sorry to those few of you who've had to hear them already...but I went to a neat group a couple Saturdays ago. It was Christian women talking about how God has worked and is working through family situations. It was great to hear their "stories" and to be connected with others who have gone through similar situations or are going through them now. It was also nice to be encouraged instead of criticized or questioned!
4. There's a lot going on at school...a legal situation (not the one from the past...a lot less involved, but still "touchy")...a student with medical/psychological issues...and almost losing my "angel aide". (She applied for another job but withdrew her interest!!!) YAHOO!!!
5. Christmas!!!! I love this time of year!!! My Christmas shopping is finished and I look forward to the gatherings, wrapping, baking, etc the season brings! I was sad as I listened to the radio Thanksgiving weekend. (Side note: Why is it ok to start playing Christmas music on the radio BEFORE Thanksgiving, but it stops at midnight Christmas day? If they would ever ask me, I think Christmas music should be mixed in with the station's typical music Dec. 1-31. But that's not my point really.) Nevermind that they didn't talk at all about being THANKFUL! They talked about the stress of the holidays and how to deal with the stress and "horribleness" of the holidays! (My word, not theirs, of course!) This is the season of hope, not despair. Of course there are bad things happening all around us. We all face challenges... but LOOK for the joy! LOOK for the hope! CELEBRATE the little things! If you're so stressed over Christmas that you can't enjoy it...Change it!!! I, for one, want to take time to enjoy getting together with family and friends. I ENJOY giving gifts to others. (As several have told me, I love it to the point of an illness!) PLEASE take time to enjoy this Christmas season.
Ok, stepping off my soapbox for now...
5. Here are some more things I'm celebrating:
* my aide is staying!
* phone call from dear friend a couple weeks ago
* phone call from special friend yesterday
* email from long-time friend
* plans to get Christmas tree Saturday
* Christmas shopping
* friends!
* time with family/friends Thanksgiving weekend
* some really special birthday gifts
1. In the staff restroom at work is a quote. (Do men's restrooms have this kind of stuff too? I can't imagine!!) Anyway...
In the end, everything will be okay.
If it's not okay, it's not the end.
Author Unknown
At first, I totally disagreed with this and wanted to take it down. Everything is not okay!!!! Cancer is not ok, child abuse is not ok, random acts of violence is not ok. But then I focused on "it's not the end" and remembered that all these things are earthly things...temporary. This WILL be ok in the end! The sign still remains and I use it to remind myself that the stress of situations (especially several at school right now) is temporary.
2. I've been working hard at looking at my priorities and adjusting some where necessary. In doing so, I'm having to let go of responsibilities and other commitments. I'm also working to make the time to maintain relationships in my life that deserve to be maintained. I'm not great, but trying to get better at my relationship with the MR. I'm failing in a BIG way with one important friendship - for which I'll be asking forgiveness and trying to find a way to be a better friend. One night recently, I shared this with my accountability group and asked them to keep that in their prayers and help me be accountable to what I say I want to do. The next night, I got a call from a friend I rarely talk to. My cell phone (which is usually off that time of night) rang and I didn't even want to answer it. When I saw who it was, I knew immediately it was an answer to my prayers! It was good to talk to my dear friend! Now, if I could only be the same kind of friend to someone I dearly miss in my life. I need to work on it, but don't know where to start!
3. I won't go into all the details...and sorry to those few of you who've had to hear them already...but I went to a neat group a couple Saturdays ago. It was Christian women talking about how God has worked and is working through family situations. It was great to hear their "stories" and to be connected with others who have gone through similar situations or are going through them now. It was also nice to be encouraged instead of criticized or questioned!
4. There's a lot going on at school...a legal situation (not the one from the past...a lot less involved, but still "touchy")...a student with medical/psychological issues...and almost losing my "angel aide". (She applied for another job but withdrew her interest!!!) YAHOO!!!
5. Christmas!!!! I love this time of year!!! My Christmas shopping is finished and I look forward to the gatherings, wrapping, baking, etc the season brings! I was sad as I listened to the radio Thanksgiving weekend. (Side note: Why is it ok to start playing Christmas music on the radio BEFORE Thanksgiving, but it stops at midnight Christmas day? If they would ever ask me, I think Christmas music should be mixed in with the station's typical music Dec. 1-31. But that's not my point really.) Nevermind that they didn't talk at all about being THANKFUL! They talked about the stress of the holidays and how to deal with the stress and "horribleness" of the holidays! (My word, not theirs, of course!) This is the season of hope, not despair. Of course there are bad things happening all around us. We all face challenges... but LOOK for the joy! LOOK for the hope! CELEBRATE the little things! If you're so stressed over Christmas that you can't enjoy it...Change it!!! I, for one, want to take time to enjoy getting together with family and friends. I ENJOY giving gifts to others. (As several have told me, I love it to the point of an illness!) PLEASE take time to enjoy this Christmas season.
Ok, stepping off my soapbox for now...
5. Here are some more things I'm celebrating:
* my aide is staying!
* phone call from dear friend a couple weeks ago
* phone call from special friend yesterday
* email from long-time friend
* plans to get Christmas tree Saturday
* Christmas shopping
* friends!
* time with family/friends Thanksgiving weekend
* some really special birthday gifts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home