cute school story
It's been a while since I've had a "Timmy story"...
During "calendar time", we have a time of sharing - we work on language skills, turn taking, etc. So, as I always do, I asked the kids who had something they wanted to say. I called on Timmy who told me he had 3 things to share. #1, it was X number of days until Mother's Day (I forget how many)...#2, he thinks it's going to be inside recess...and #3, he's "working on his low voice". Some background here...when we practice skip counting, we often use funny voices-fast, squeaky, low bullfrog, whisper, etc. Students often get to choose which voice we use when counting; it keeps it fun and they don't realize that we repeat the counting activity multiple times. Soooooo, I thought he was referring to the low voice we use when counting. In order to get him to expand the conversation, I asked him to share how he's practicing his low voice. He quickly responded "I won't get my low voice until I'm 14." I tried to keep a straight face and made a comment to which he replied: "Yeah, then I can sing the Loretta Lynn song on my CD!" My aide and I lost it!!!!
During "calendar time", we have a time of sharing - we work on language skills, turn taking, etc. So, as I always do, I asked the kids who had something they wanted to say. I called on Timmy who told me he had 3 things to share. #1, it was X number of days until Mother's Day (I forget how many)...#2, he thinks it's going to be inside recess...and #3, he's "working on his low voice". Some background here...when we practice skip counting, we often use funny voices-fast, squeaky, low bullfrog, whisper, etc. Students often get to choose which voice we use when counting; it keeps it fun and they don't realize that we repeat the counting activity multiple times. Soooooo, I thought he was referring to the low voice we use when counting. In order to get him to expand the conversation, I asked him to share how he's practicing his low voice. He quickly responded "I won't get my low voice until I'm 14." I tried to keep a straight face and made a comment to which he replied: "Yeah, then I can sing the Loretta Lynn song on my CD!" My aide and I lost it!!!!

1 Comments:
That rules.
Post a Comment
<< Home