spring break is officially over
Thursday
- cleaned
- mail saga (see below)
- took lunch to the MR at work
- cleaned
- rested
- went to Emmaus send-off
- cleaned
- sent a few cards
Friday
- cleaned
- rested
- checked blogs
- will get back to cleaning
Saturday will be filled with...
- helping my sister move the rest (hopefully) of her stuff into her new house
- serving in several ways at the Emmaus Walk
Sunday will be the usual...
- 2 church services
- nap likely in the afternoon
- getting ready for the week
- small group and youth group
- dreading "back to school" after the kids (and teachers) have been out of the routine for a week!
Ok, so here's the stupid mail saga from Thursday...
I spent time during break writing thank yous and sending a few cards. Wednesday night, I put some in my mailbox to be picked up by mailman... Thursday as I was running a few errands, I realized I put 2 envelopes in the mailbox that I was going to hand-deliver. No addresses, no return addresses. I was hoping to beat the mailman back to my mailbox and retrieve them. No such luck! I went to the post office, hoping they would tell me that they could radio the mail truck and I could catch it before they got processed. Again, no such luck! They suggested that I literally try to find my mailman in the neighborhood and see if I could get them back. Sooooooo.....I randomly drove around my neighborhood, looking for the mailman. I found a mail truck, stopped and asked if he delivered on my street. You guessed it, no such luck! He used to do the route and gave me a suggestion as to where to look. I went around and around the area (which I don't know well), and you know the drill by now...no such luck! I was about to give up and I found another mail truck. I saw a female driver and knew my mail carrier is male...but I stopped anyway in case there was a sub or something. After giving me a strange look, she listened to my question, chuckled and offered another suggestion as to where to look. So, I took off again! More random searching. I got a bit of hope when I saw that mail hadn't been delivered on a street (the flags on a few boxes were up). Still...no such luck! Meanwhile, I was running late for taking lunch to the MR, so I gave up! I rewrote my notes (on not-as-perfect cards, mind you!) and will try again to hand deliver them! What a waste of time and stress!!!!! I should have just "let it go" from the beginning!!!! But...no such luck!!! ;)

1 Comments:
Love the mail saga story - at least you weren't cleaning..... So how do you feel at the end of your break? Anywhere near where you want to be? Did you have fun? We might be coming into town next week. I will let you know - and maybe we could stop by.
Post a Comment
<< Home