Friday, July 07, 2006

Nothing exciting to say, so I'll just ramble. (Guess I chose a good name for this blog...)

I've become human again...and have enjoyed spending time with family and friends since mid-June. I've even managed to relax a little.

Things are slowing down with grandparent stuff. Next weekend is the auction. I think I want to go cuz I've never been to an auction. A friend warned me that she unexpectedly reacted emotionally at an auction of her grandparent's stuff. I think I'll be ok...I don't have an emotional attachment to much of anything left in the house.

Last weekend we moved furniture and other stuff from my grandparents' house. The MR and I win for getting the MOST stuff. I guess that means we're the most greedy. Mom keeps trying to convince me that Grandpa wanted us to have as much stuff as we wanted. Well...we'll be using their dining room set (with chairs safe to sit on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), a couch, end tables, a dry sink, 2 lazyboy chairs, and some other stuff.

I'm trying to do a clean sweep on our house...to get rid of STUFF...to organize the stuff we have, to exchange furniture, and to hopefully prepare for some changes to our house.

The MR and I have yet to firm up any kind of vacation plans. We're not taking a big vacation to save up for more furniture (for those of you who've been to our house in the past year know we NEED better furniture!!!) and some other upcoming expenses. I'm hoping the MR will take a week off so we can do some little day trips around Ohio.

Not much else today...more later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home