life - part 3 of 3
These are just some random thoughts or things I've learned recently...
- I was fearfully and wonderfully made, but I'm not superwoman!!! It's ok to ask for help and it's ok not to do EVERYTHING I want to do.
- In the end, "stuff" is just "stuff". I'm not good with words, but here's an attempt to explain... As we cleaned out my grandparents' house this weekend and watched so much being thrown away...it was very clear and real how "things" really are just "things". Even things that were once important no longer have value. It's been a good time of evaluation for me...about what's important in my life and for God's Kingdom and how I spend my time, energy and money. Pastor D's sermon keeps getting replayed in my head!!!
- It's important to pray, even when (ESPECIALLY when) you don't feel like it. God knows your heart, so you don't even have to use words!
- God DOES answer prayers! I selfishly prayed more than once for my grandfather to "hang on" until the end of the school year. As he was in his last days, I prayed he would make it though the week so Mom and I could finish the school year. He died the night of the last day of school. I got EXACTLY what I asked for - nothing more, nothing less!
- It's never too late to give your life to Christ! I found myself "evangelizing/discipleing" my grandfather in his nursing home room the last visit I had with him in May.
- I also discovered through those conversations one of two things....either 1-my grandfather knew more about me and my life than I thought, and saw that I'm trying to follow Christ...or 2-God spoke to me through my grandfather. My grandpa commented about "the way you girls have led your lives, right with the Lord"
- The pastor did a nice job with the funeral even though he didn't know my grandfather for long or very well. He used scripture we requested (which isn't a common funeral story, but very appropriate in this case - Matthew 20) and others and gave a nice, appropriate message.
- I'm learning that some friends were able to handle my "shifted focuses" better than others. Some have supported me, being patient with my lack of communication. I'm often the encourager and some survived my neglect and some even switched roles with me (to me, a sign of a true friendship). Some just left me alone to "deal with life", not asking me to do things for them but just quietly stepping aside until they know it's safe to return. (I'm ok with that.) I've also discovered a few who have feelings of frustraion and maybe even anger over the way I've chosen to deal with the circumstances on my plate. And it's funny, if I would have predicted which category everyone would have fallen into...I would have been wrong about many!!! It's been interesting!
Ok, enough for now...that sure was a lot at one time...especially since only 2 or 3 people read my random ramblings!

2 Comments:
why, yes sir, it does!!! :)
Amen to all the above! Though I can't be with you physically, I surely am spiritually and am still praying for you--as I hope you know! You do know who your friends really are in these times I have found!
Post a Comment
<< Home