life - part 1 of 3
Some know, some have no idea what I've been dealing with recently....so here it is:
I had the roughest couple of months at the end of the school year. In addition to losing one of my aides, behaviors of 3 of my students were the worst of the year. During the last 2-3 weeks of school, I was getting there by 6:30 and leaving between 5:30 and 8:30 every night - just to get caught up so I could end the year on the last day of school. It wore me out - and I'm still not a morning person. (Some thought I might be making the change!)
The school year ended with the kids' last day on Thursday (the 8th)...and my grandfather passed away that night. We knew it was coming, but it was still hard! (more emotional than I thought). I scrambled Friday morning to get a day's worth of work done in a few hours. My principal let me check out and leave early so I could be on the road by 12:45. My mom and I made the first 3-hour trip to take care of nursing home and funeral arrangements. We came home Saturday and I tried to regroup a little on Sunday. The entire family (including my uncle from Utah) made the 2nd 3-hour trip for the funeral, etc and then home in the same day. Quite a long, exhausting day! Tuesday was pretty unproductive except for a nice dinner/visit with my uncle. The rest of the week was trying to caught up with basic stuff like dishes and mail and trying to make a dent in the things I put off for the past month with spending so much time at work. Then...Friday through Sunday was 3-hour trip #3. My mom, uncle, sister and I worked like crazy to get my grandparents' house cleaned out. It's mostly done...my mom and uncle are still there dealing with auctioneers, showings of the house, getting trash hauled away, getting furniture from my grandpa's apartment (that he only got to enjoy for a week) to the house, and other details taken care of. In case you lost track...that was 3 trips back and forth in a week! I get a break before we head back up on the 1st to move some furniture and stuff here.
Now I'm scrambling to get caught up with my job at church, my responsibilities at home, and my major summer project. Oh yeah...I almost forgot...I'm supposed to be relaxing this summer so I'm ready to go back to work. I wonder when that's gonna start?!
I had the roughest couple of months at the end of the school year. In addition to losing one of my aides, behaviors of 3 of my students were the worst of the year. During the last 2-3 weeks of school, I was getting there by 6:30 and leaving between 5:30 and 8:30 every night - just to get caught up so I could end the year on the last day of school. It wore me out - and I'm still not a morning person. (Some thought I might be making the change!)
The school year ended with the kids' last day on Thursday (the 8th)...and my grandfather passed away that night. We knew it was coming, but it was still hard! (more emotional than I thought). I scrambled Friday morning to get a day's worth of work done in a few hours. My principal let me check out and leave early so I could be on the road by 12:45. My mom and I made the first 3-hour trip to take care of nursing home and funeral arrangements. We came home Saturday and I tried to regroup a little on Sunday. The entire family (including my uncle from Utah) made the 2nd 3-hour trip for the funeral, etc and then home in the same day. Quite a long, exhausting day! Tuesday was pretty unproductive except for a nice dinner/visit with my uncle. The rest of the week was trying to caught up with basic stuff like dishes and mail and trying to make a dent in the things I put off for the past month with spending so much time at work. Then...Friday through Sunday was 3-hour trip #3. My mom, uncle, sister and I worked like crazy to get my grandparents' house cleaned out. It's mostly done...my mom and uncle are still there dealing with auctioneers, showings of the house, getting trash hauled away, getting furniture from my grandpa's apartment (that he only got to enjoy for a week) to the house, and other details taken care of. In case you lost track...that was 3 trips back and forth in a week! I get a break before we head back up on the 1st to move some furniture and stuff here.
Now I'm scrambling to get caught up with my job at church, my responsibilities at home, and my major summer project. Oh yeah...I almost forgot...I'm supposed to be relaxing this summer so I'm ready to go back to work. I wonder when that's gonna start?!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home