Friday, January 19, 2007

Christmas miracles-part 2

Yes, I realize it's January 19th and I'm posting about Christmas, but what can I say?! Time gets away from me and "blogging" isn't a high priority!
+ all gifts have been delivered (as of Tuesday)
+ We had a nice visit with the Dartts. It's always good to see that side of the family as Christmas is typically the only opportunity we get to see the MR's brothers and their families. We got to spend time with parents and 2 of his 3 brothers and their wives. We also got to play with 2 of our nieces - what fun!!!!!!!!!
+ We spent all day on Christmas with the Simpsons, a fairly relaxed and fun day. Lots of gifts, tons of food, and quality time...including games in the afternoon/evening! Things seemed a lot more relaxed and "normal" this year...and, to quote my sister, "That's all I'm gonna say about that!"
+ We recently spend a GREAT day with some DEAR friends we haven't seen forever! It was a gift to spend time together and catch up. It is always a blessing to spend time with friends who are more like family!!! (Thank you for allowing us to invite ourselves over!)
+ We got our downstairs cleaned...boxes stashed in corners are no more!!!! (HALLELUIA!)
+ Our small group came over one evening for a potluck, games and hanging out! It was nice to be back together after a break during the holidays. It was especially nice to have 2 new members with us!! It was just plain great to have friends in our home!
+ I got 4 new Elmos for Christmas! I so don't NEED them, in any sense of the word. But they sure are fun and bring smiles and giggles to me and others!
+ We found a new kitchen table!!! We both fell in love with the same one immediately so we knew it was the one. We'll have to order and wait for it...
+ My dad bought my mom, sister and me a trip to the Mall of America, including airfare, hotel, meals and SPENDING MONEY!!! YAHOO!!!! I can't wait!!! Vacation - shopping - seeing new things!!!! I think it will be a great trip for the women of the family!!!!
+ I received an after-Christmas letter yesterday from someone I've met but I feel like I've known forever! This letter was a gift - it brought both smiles and tears to my heart! (Again, that's all I'm gonna say about that!)

What else is going on?It's musical time in our world. The MR (and my sis and some friends) have already started practices for Oklahoma and my pit orchestra rehearsals start Sunday. It's a busy time, but fun. (There are three shows Feb. 16-18 I'm having a girls night out/Stampin Up party Friday (the 26th) - it's not too late to RSVP! Then we start the transition of our downstairs. We're getting ready to make some DRASTIC color changes!!!! I'm hoping it will be finished by mid-March! Things are mostly ok at school. It was a rough couple of days this week as my aide was out with a sick child of her own. And I'll soon be getting a new student who is likely to be sweet but a challenge (well, aren't they all?!). I guess that's about it for now...until next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say hi! I loved the "how you know you're a teacher" thing, and I can totally see you doing this one:

18. You ask your friends if the left hand turn he
just made was a "good choice or a bad choice."

Later,
~Jake~

Monday, March 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home