Wednesday, April 25, 2007

lots of stuff

So, I was informed that someone I know doesn't read my blog because I don't update it. I don't update it cuz I don't think anyone reads it... So, here's what's going on (in no particular order)...

Young Alex's hernia surgery went well. However, he got an infection and had to travel back to Cinci for treatment. I talked to Beth (my friend, his mom) last week and he's doing well and back to school. The hope is that the infection will not return once he's off the antibiotics.

A dear, dear friend of mine, Chris, got married on the 15h!!!!! I'm so sad I couldn't be there to share this special occasion, but I wish them the absolute best! Both Chris and Keith have a special place in my heart!

My friend and former co-worker Jen had her baby. I got to spend time with Jen, her husband and baby Shaun last week. I was having so much fun visiting and holding Shaun that the MR had to call and remind me to come home!

We're into the Destroyers Season!!! For those of you who don't know cuz it's SO out of my character...I LOVE going to the arena football games!!!

Family friends of ours are missionaries in Thailand and they just welcomed a new son into their family. Samuel is 11 years old and now has a loving family who just adores him. (Samuel makes the 4th child) We are so happy for them!!!!!

My spring break trip was great! (Background: For Christmas, Dad bought my mom, sister and me a trip to the Mall of America during spring break. The gift included hotel, flight, meals and shopping money!!!!!!) We had a good time, balancing time together and time on our own. We typically shopped on our own, meeting up for meals, activities, and hanging out at the hotel. I actually spent money on MYSELF which was kind of weird, but fun. I bought several pieces of jewelry, a pair of shoes, some clothes, some things for the kitchen and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. Per the MR's request, I bought some Legos at the big Lego store for our future child/children. I know that seems strange to some, but that's what we decided to do! I really enjoyed looking at all the different things. I managed to step foot in every store! Ok, I admit...I ONLY stepped foot in some stores...put my foot in and walked right out, cuz I didn't want to spend time in all the stores, but I did at least step foot in EVERY store (over 520 according to the brochure)! My favorite restaurant was Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. - because I LOVE shrimp and I LOVE the Forest Gump movie. (I could answer almost all the trivia our waitress asked.) I also really enjoyed the aquarium. I always enjoy watching animals in water. And if you know me and you're not sitting down, you'll want to sit or brace yourself now...I even TOUCHED a shark and several sting rays!!!!!!! I have pictures to prove it!! Speaking of pictures...I took a TON of pictures (which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone!). Now I just have to get them printed. Mom, Sis and I are probably going to scrapbook our trip together for Mother's Day.

And now to the house! The MR has been updating things on his blog. The painting is pretty much finished!!!! Our decorative painting in the bathroom is scheduled to start tomorrow afternoon. We have a new kitchen light, a new kitchen table, and new blinds downstairs. We're also getting a new kitchen floor (which was "the FIRST thing we're going to do to the house", we declared before we bought the house - almost 8 years ago!!!). Many have been at least skeptical about our redecorating project, but it's turning out GREAT!!!! Be warned, it is A LOT of purple!!!!!! And there were 2 times I "had to get used to something", but we LOVE IT!!!!!! I know not everyone will like it, and that's ok. We're enjoying our new look and can't wait to get our house put back together so you can see it too! As soon as the dust settles and we can put our furniture back where it belongs, we're having a party. We're still not set on the name for our big event...it's not too late to vote! (Scroll down to my March 21 entry to vote.)

Well, I guess that's it. Other stuff going on is detail stuff...church stuff, celebrating events with friends, school stuff, and once in a while I sleep! :)

PS-On a stupid note, I FINALLY figured out how to link to stuff, like the Destroyers site and the MR's blog. (I'm slow, I know!!!! But to quote my 2 year old friend Alexander..."Ronda figure it out!") :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I enjoy reading it too!!! Glad to hear you're doing well and you're enjoying the new look of the house. Hope you continue to update often!

Thursday, April 26, 2007  
Blogger Ronda said...

So, who are you anyway?!

Friday, April 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home