trick-or-treat and an update
We had 108 trick-or-treaters at our house last night, more than usual. The MR and I sit on the front porch to hand out candy, including the Tootsie Pop ghosts we made. We unusually make 200 and have a ton left, so we only made 100 this year. OOPS! Anyway, here are some of my favorites from last night:
* The "itty bitties", of course, are the cutest! I especially liked the penguin and ladybug.
* The "older ladies" - seriously, they were in their late 40's or maybe even 50's. They were dressed up in great costumes and not with kids!
* Of course we were visited by kiddos from my school. A batch of 'em even came back a 2nd time! One of them announced to the entire neighborhood that "Mrs. Dartt is up here!"
* Some of my fav costumes: 70's dude, nerd, sumo wrestler, guy on an emu
And an update on "my world":
* I continue to heal from my health scare. I'm wearing "real" shoes and am starting to wear the new ones I bought at the beginning of the year. The actual wound site has new skin but is not completely healed.
* My friend recently had a baby and I've been able to make visits with them, some short and some long! He's a CUTIE!!!!
* My aide had to be out Tuesday afternoon through the end of the week. To make a long story short, I had a sub aide yesterday and EVERY TEACHER she worked with (6, including me) said they'd rather have NO help than her! So...I'm on my own and being creative about serving my kiddos this week. No lunch or planning time for me. No big deal, in the big scheme of things!
* I "caved"...I haven't made a "birthday list" in FOREVER!!!!!!!!!! (especially an unsolicited one!) At the risk of appearing rude or selfish, I submitted a wishlist to my parents, sister and hubby. I don't like to ask for stuff...nevermind that I'm assuming they're buying me something. My friend made these 3 points (among others): 1. I KNOW they're likely to buy something. 2. If I let them know what I would like, I'm more likely to get something I like - they can't read my mind. 3. If I were buying gifts for THEM, I'd like to know THEIR wishlist. UGH! I hate being self-centered and selfish!
* The "itty bitties", of course, are the cutest! I especially liked the penguin and ladybug.
* The "older ladies" - seriously, they were in their late 40's or maybe even 50's. They were dressed up in great costumes and not with kids!
* Of course we were visited by kiddos from my school. A batch of 'em even came back a 2nd time! One of them announced to the entire neighborhood that "Mrs. Dartt is up here!"
* Some of my fav costumes: 70's dude, nerd, sumo wrestler, guy on an emu
And an update on "my world":
* I continue to heal from my health scare. I'm wearing "real" shoes and am starting to wear the new ones I bought at the beginning of the year. The actual wound site has new skin but is not completely healed.
* My friend recently had a baby and I've been able to make visits with them, some short and some long! He's a CUTIE!!!!
* My aide had to be out Tuesday afternoon through the end of the week. To make a long story short, I had a sub aide yesterday and EVERY TEACHER she worked with (6, including me) said they'd rather have NO help than her! So...I'm on my own and being creative about serving my kiddos this week. No lunch or planning time for me. No big deal, in the big scheme of things!
* I "caved"...I haven't made a "birthday list" in FOREVER!!!!!!!!!! (especially an unsolicited one!) At the risk of appearing rude or selfish, I submitted a wishlist to my parents, sister and hubby. I don't like to ask for stuff...nevermind that I'm assuming they're buying me something. My friend made these 3 points (among others): 1. I KNOW they're likely to buy something. 2. If I let them know what I would like, I'm more likely to get something I like - they can't read my mind. 3. If I were buying gifts for THEM, I'd like to know THEIR wishlist. UGH! I hate being self-centered and selfish!

2 Comments:
Can I have your list?
no :)
Post a Comment
<< Home