Thursday, August 09, 2007

So, what did you do this summer?! PART 5

July 13 - We went to the Zanesville area with the SIS...to a bulk food store that my father-in-law recommended. It was great! We also went to some little shops in the area. It was a nice day

July 19-20 - Princess Retreat through church. 14 girls, 3 adults, lessons and activities outdoors, out to dinner, slept in a "cabin", 2nd day at Kalahari water park. It was GREAT!!!

July 19 - HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY to us!!! (Yes, I spent it leading the princess retreat. I got home on the 20th to send The MR to his weekend with Chrysalis.)

July 28-August 2 - vacation! The MR, my parents, and the dog all went to Lake Erie. I won't bore you with pictures, but highlights of the trip include:
*** African Wildlife Safari Park, the MR's favorite!!
*** Marblehead, my favorite! And this time, Mom and I climbed the steps to the top of the lighthouse. I (my knee) paid for it later, but it was worth it!!!
*** South Bass island (Put-In-Bay) and Kelley's Island
*** Sunday, we piled into the "camper" (aka "hotel on wheels") and watched our Destroyers in the Arena Bowl. The lost as expected, but we had to finish the season by being loyal fans.


Came home from vacation to a busy, fun-filled weekend...a reception for Chris and Keith Friday nigh. Saturday was spent at a baby shower for Teresa and birthday party of Alexander (age 3) and hanging out with Chris and Keith.


Now it's August and you now have permission, but not encouragement, to use the "s" word again...school. I've been to school almost every day this week. I'm in the same classroom which has made setting up much easier than last year! The MR plans to come in to do my bulletin boards again...a great tradition if you ask me! One more week to get things in order, then my first contracted day on the 20th with the kiddos coming on the 22nd. Off and running...

1 Comments:

Blogger C said...

I can't believe the summer is almost over. Where does the time go? Sounds like yours has been spent making some great memories!

Thursday, August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home