Christmas
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

Here are some things I love about THIS Christmas in random order:
* Getting cards, letters and pictures!!!!!!!!!! I love getting pictures, hearing how old and current friends are doing and just simply getting mail!
* Spending an evening with one of the MR's brothers and his family! Our nieces were especially fun!!! I got to play Cooties and Let's Go Fishing!

* We had a nice progressive dinner with extended family last night. It was the first time many have experienced our Purple Palace. Most loved it and one guest in particular talked around the fact that he thought we're nuts about our purple AND our Christmas tree...which is a little different (see below)!


* I got a surprise package from my dear friend in NY - a treat that lasted for DAYS (but not long enough)!
* I took a personal day to make a ton of cards. With the cards I made for gifts, Christmas cards and thank you notes, I made a total of 522 cards!!! NOT all on that one day, but most of them were made on that day and the 2 evenings that followed. I loved it!

* A gift from my parents - they are going to pay to have our 2 trees removed, all our stumps removed, our deck refinished and an awning put up so we can have use of our fantastic deck again! (I hate to get rid of mature trees, but we can't use our deck the way it is now.)
* I got the MR an iPod and he seems to like it! (This is the ONE picture of him not making a silly face!)

* We had our small group and their guests over for a potluck tonight - another crazy fun evening! It's nice to have people in our house again. Now I just need to finish the upstairs so we can REALLY have people over!
* I got my wedding ring fixed!!!! (The diamond broke off 5 years ago!) But wait, there's more! The MR surprised me by buying ANOTHER ring for me - with a beautiful amethyst and diamond chips.
* I got to visit with a couple friends and their little ones one afternoon!
* We got a live tree - AND we agreed on the same tree in the first 3 minutes of our trek! This year we just put clear lights and red garland on it. The needles are different too...

* I have 2 weeks away from changing poopy pullups every day at work! (And my little friend who was here tonight didn't understand why I passed when he asked if I wanted to change his messy diaper.) :/

Here are some things I love about THIS Christmas in random order:
* Getting cards, letters and pictures!!!!!!!!!! I love getting pictures, hearing how old and current friends are doing and just simply getting mail!
* Spending an evening with one of the MR's brothers and his family! Our nieces were especially fun!!! I got to play Cooties and Let's Go Fishing!
* Spending an afternoon with another one of the MR's brothers. It's the one he's most like. We had great conversation and made plans to get together again!
* Spending the day with my family!
* Spending the day with my family!

* We had a nice progressive dinner with extended family last night. It was the first time many have experienced our Purple Palace. Most loved it and one guest in particular talked around the fact that he thought we're nuts about our purple AND our Christmas tree...which is a little different (see below)!


* I got a surprise package from my dear friend in NY - a treat that lasted for DAYS (but not long enough)!
* I took a personal day to make a ton of cards. With the cards I made for gifts, Christmas cards and thank you notes, I made a total of 522 cards!!! NOT all on that one day, but most of them were made on that day and the 2 evenings that followed. I loved it!

* A gift from my parents - they are going to pay to have our 2 trees removed, all our stumps removed, our deck refinished and an awning put up so we can have use of our fantastic deck again! (I hate to get rid of mature trees, but we can't use our deck the way it is now.)
* I got the MR an iPod and he seems to like it! (This is the ONE picture of him not making a silly face!)

* We had our small group and their guests over for a potluck tonight - another crazy fun evening! It's nice to have people in our house again. Now I just need to finish the upstairs so we can REALLY have people over!
* I got my wedding ring fixed!!!! (The diamond broke off 5 years ago!) But wait, there's more! The MR surprised me by buying ANOTHER ring for me - with a beautiful amethyst and diamond chips.

* I got to visit with a couple friends and their little ones one afternoon!
* We got a live tree - AND we agreed on the same tree in the first 3 minutes of our trek! This year we just put clear lights and red garland on it. The needles are different too...

* I have 2 weeks away from changing poopy pullups every day at work! (And my little friend who was here tonight didn't understand why I passed when he asked if I wanted to change his messy diaper.) :/
Feel free to share the highlights of your Christmas!






2 Comments:
I love those type of needles on the tree, and yours is as unique as you and Charles :)
Glad to see you had a great Christmas!
Sorry you have to go back to work on Monday :(
The rings are beautiful!!!!
So you need to enable people to subscribe to your blog!
Post a Comment
<< Home