Christmas...Easter
Christmas is fading away!! Our tree finally visited the curb Sunday night accompanied by the candy cane wreath. I noticed the decoration by the door hasn't made it inside yet and the nativity is still up. But I'm down to one set of gifts to be delivered. The MR keeps reminding me that I'm still ahead of schedule...one year it was March when the last gifts left the house!
I purchased my first gifts for Christmas 2008 on December 26th! :) And more importantly, they're put away where they belong!!! See, miracles DO happen! :)
Now it's time to focus on the big Easter egg hunt! For those of you who don't know, it has become a tradition for me to put together a HUGE hunt for our "extended families". I think we usually have 300ish eggs? (Does anyone in "the clan" remember that trivia fact?) Anyway, I collect little things to put in the eggs and take them to Easter dinner. We hide the first 100 or so, then toss the rest into the big open yard. Oh, by the way...there are usually only a couple kids there, maybe a teenager or two, and the rest are adults...college-age through 90! It's great! I have some pictures somewhere...maybe I'll find one or two. So, between now and then, I'm on the search for fun things to put in eggs, mostly for adults.
I purchased my first gifts for Christmas 2008 on December 26th! :) And more importantly, they're put away where they belong!!! See, miracles DO happen! :)
Now it's time to focus on the big Easter egg hunt! For those of you who don't know, it has become a tradition for me to put together a HUGE hunt for our "extended families". I think we usually have 300ish eggs? (Does anyone in "the clan" remember that trivia fact?) Anyway, I collect little things to put in the eggs and take them to Easter dinner. We hide the first 100 or so, then toss the rest into the big open yard. Oh, by the way...there are usually only a couple kids there, maybe a teenager or two, and the rest are adults...college-age through 90! It's great! I have some pictures somewhere...maybe I'll find one or two. So, between now and then, I'm on the search for fun things to put in eggs, mostly for adults.

5 Comments:
So what have you come up with so far (for the eggs)? :)
I have these cute bendy aliens or something - that probably won't fit into the bigger eggs, magnets, and little binder clips. Last year I did a TON of Legos (and a bunch of other things). The year before that, the special fun thing was a bunch of stamps and crafty supplies.
MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!
I haven't been involved in an Easter Egg Hunt for so many years. I remember as a kid (well I don't remember, my Grandparents reminded me for many Easters after) I used to walk around with my egg basket and when I'd find an egg I'd throw it down in the basket as hard as I could. Must have liked the cracking noise, or something. :-)
Ok, musical is over...time to start posting again!
I actually just joined facebook, too!
Funny...I was thinking today about posting..out of time and energy for now. Soon...
I bought more stuff for the Easter egg hunt today. Just cuz they happen to be in the shape of a heart, they were 75% off!!! YAHOO!
Stacey's been trying to take us into the facebook world too...maybe some day!
Post a Comment
<< Home