Saturday, February 23, 2008

random ramblings

I don't have fun things to report like my sister and I'm not a great writer like my friend Chris, but here's what I've been up to...

Musical time: I didn't play in the orchestra this year, the first time in 12 years, I think. I missed it, but it was nice to see the whole show for once. I still kept busy getting dinner on the table for The MR and Dave so they could have a home cooked meal and get out the door for rehearsals. This year was Beauty and the Beast and it was a GREAT show!! The effects were neat, EVERY lead was incredibly talented and a quality person, and it was just a great show all around! I took my friend Cyndee's little girl with me Saturday afternoon and she begged to stay for the evening performance. She was the most adorable five-year-old!!! She worked very hard to get "everyone" to sign her program and we spent quite a bit of time getting pictures!!!

Health: I had to leave the Sunday afternoon performance because I was sick. I think I have a food allergy as this is the 3rd time this pattern of illness has happened. Anyway...I was fine by Monday evening as far as that goes. Meanwhile, I had an issue with my eye again...sensitivity to light. I've been on steroids/antibiotics all week and wearing my glasses (YUCK!). 2 more days of drops before I can wear my contacts again! And on top of everything else, now I have a stupid cold that's kicking my butt! BLAH!

Get out the history books and write this down!!! I said "NO" to something I really wanted to do! I was asked to be on the next Emmaus team and I declined due to other things taking priority.

Last night was my annual Stampin' Up/Girls Night party. Turn out was a little low due to the weather and other stuff, but we still had a great time!!

I have 2 new favorite recipes!!!! Before I go on, I have to say...that I will share these, but won't have the actual recipes and step-by-step pictures like my friend Chris does...I'm a loser, I know. BUT...I made a raspberry pie for the girls night last night (along with oatmeal cream cookies and andes mint brownies and other store-bought stuff).... It was so easy! I used a reduced fat graham cracker crust. I mixed sugar-free raspberry jello with boiling water (less than usual), added lite raspberry yogurt and lite cool whip...put it in the crust and that's it! I put raspberries and cool whip out for those who wanted to garnish! YUM!!!!!!!! The other recipe is Chicken Marsala. i tried one recipe which was ok...and then a couple weeks ago, I tried a second (quite different) recipe. The MR doesn't want me to give out the recipe as it's one of his new favorite dishes I'm encouraged to fix for others. :)

Back to work Monday...LAST weekend, I had a four day weekend (filled with the musical, being sick, 2 trips to the eye doctor and a "to do" list a mile long!). In addition to Presidents' Day, we had Tuesday off to compensate for late conference nights. Then, for our 3-day week - I went to work all day Wednesday, half day Thursday (yet another doctor's appointment Thursday afternoon), and a snow day on Friday! I'm not complaining!

What's next? I'm working on the Easter Egg Hunt...if anyone has any ideas, I'll take 'em! I've got several big projects coming up at church. I'm planning a little crafty night with a few friends. We're trying to get connected with some friends we haven't gotten together with forever. Normal craziness!

One last thing. Chris - who has been spotlighted several times during this random rambling - pointed out to me long ago how I over use exclamation marks. He recently blogged about his over use of ellipses and hyphens...I felt guilty when I read his blog - and STILL continued to over use them during the writing of this entry!!! Oh well!! There are worse things!

Outta here for now...R

9 Comments:

Blogger Tari Ann said...

GOOD POST!!!! Don't worry about Chris, I ALWAYS use too many ... and !!! Oh, well! Shows our excitement, right?

Sunday, February 24, 2008  
Blogger Ronda said...

I don't worry about Chris. I can take him!!! ;) Besides, he's never critical...just observant!

Monday, February 25, 2008  
Blogger M. Christopher said...

HEY!!!!! I was pointing out how BOTH you and I use lots of exclamation points! :-) And it wasn't a criticism at all. I like your exclamation-y emails.

Chicken Marsala...hmm...come to NYC and make it for me!

Monday, February 25, 2008  
Blogger Ronda said...

I know, BOTH of us love our dramatic punctuation! Notice I still over use all of 'em!!!!

Chicken Marsala in NYC - OK! :)

Monday, February 25, 2008  
Blogger M. Christopher said...

Although we will have to go to Lucien if you come, you know. We may not have time for home-cooking!!! :-)

Friday, February 29, 2008  
Blogger Graceful said...

Did I see you write "facebook" on someone else's comment section? When is this magical day going to happen!?

Friday, February 29, 2008  
Blogger Ronda said...

Lucien, Cafe Ronda...why do our visits always revolve around eating and drinking?! ;)

Sunday, March 02, 2008  
Blogger Ronda said...

Facebook...someday when I'm feeling especially brave and only if you promise to answer all billion of my questions!!!

Sunday, March 02, 2008  
Blogger Graceful said...

I'll answer your billion questions whenever you'd like... perhaps Saturday night??? lol

Tuesday, March 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home