card etiquette
Just two thoughts...
When someone hand makes you cards...
Don't send them their own card back. (Although I had one great exception...A dear friend used one of my notecards to send me a sweet, perfectly-timed note that made my heart smile at a troubling time. So....this "rule" is not without exceptions!)
When someone gives you a hand made card (or any card, really), throw it away in a place they won't see it. Let me be more clear with a specific example: if a co-worker gives you a handmade card, take it home to throw it away.
I'm not sure what the "experts" would say, these are just my two cents...
When someone hand makes you cards...
Don't send them their own card back. (Although I had one great exception...A dear friend used one of my notecards to send me a sweet, perfectly-timed note that made my heart smile at a troubling time. So....this "rule" is not without exceptions!)
When someone gives you a hand made card (or any card, really), throw it away in a place they won't see it. Let me be more clear with a specific example: if a co-worker gives you a handmade card, take it home to throw it away.
I'm not sure what the "experts" would say, these are just my two cents...

4 Comments:
I agree!
Though I don't mind so much getting one of my own back if they were given several...as long as they don't ALL come back to me. :)
I think you ARE an expert, so please don't hesitate in teaching us all proper manners where cards are concerned.
But yeah, don't just toss it. C'mon people. THINK!
Yes, there are exceptions, especially if you've given multiple ones of the same card. It's just been overwhelming recently. I think I've gotten 4 of my own cards in the recent past...not a huge deal, but still...
And throwing them away where I can see it just isn't cool! I don't expect to see my cards hanging on a frige or anything, but how hard is it to throw it away in another location?!
I have one of your cards hanging on my fridge. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home