Sunday, March 30, 2008

spring break report

So, what did I do during spring break?

In addition to trying to keep up with normal stuff and cleaning out our upstairs...

Thursday after school started with a BIG NAP!!! :) Then Maundy Thursday service.

Friday-watched Alexander at church then went to lunch with Stephanie and Alexander. Went to the evening Good Friday service.

Saturday-made chocolate covered pretzels, stuffed 648 eggs for the big egg hunt

Sunday-EASTER WAS GREAT!!!! We went to church, went to my parents' for our annual competitive egg hunt, then to the Selveys for our traditional "extended family" gathering where we had an INCREDIBLE meal (and then some!), a huge egg hunt, and then played cards. It was a nice day!

Monday-got ready for our small group, including making taco salad for 7 of our group members

Tuesday-ran TONS of errands and made other fun stops! While C was out with his friend, I had dinner with my sister, then we met Cyndee and the kids for Coldstone - YUM! Then The Sis and I headed back to my house to make cards.

Wednesday-cleaned, made cards, made 2 kinds of cookies-chocolate chip and oatmeal butterscotch

Thursday-met The MR for lunch, mailed my final college care packages of the school year, watched Baby Eric (and got lesson plans and other things done while he slept)

Friday-went to Memories Expo and got some new toys - aka stamps and other crafty stuff (AND stuck to my budget!!!), went to Teresa's for a couple hours (and played a few minutes with Eric), watched a movie at home with The MR...um, we watched....I don't know, some movie-you'll have to ask him.

Saturday-went to dinner with my parents and then watched the Destroyers lose again. (but it was REALLY close this time!!!)

Sunday (today) - church as usual then to Cyndee's for crazy, complicated, fun card making. Then it was the Sunday scramble to get ready for the week. I made two batches of cheesy mostaccioli for our small group tomorrow. I think we have 7 coming for dinner again

I made cards in there several other times, but I forget when. I left my stuff out ALL WEEK! I want to do a couple more cards this week before I send some off to a friend who requested a bunch. We'll see! It's hard to do cards during the week and my weekend is PACKED.

For the record, I dread going back after any break for several reasons...
1. I got into a different routine and have to get back into my "normal" routine again.
2. The kids have been in a different routine and it takes my kiddos a LONG time to get back into our "normal" routine.
3. I didn't get my "to do" list done - which is frustrating for several reasons, one being that some people will criticize me for it!
4. The kids have been in a different routine and it takes my kiddos a LONG time to get back into our "normal" routine. (yes, I said that already, but it's such a hard thing!)

I read a saying somewhere that said something like this...don't be sad it's over, be happy it happened! So, I'm glad I had a good spring break!

Now it's off to finish my spring break with a bath...

3 Comments:

Blogger M. Christopher said...

I love that you started the break with a nap, and then ended it with a bath. At least you got a little bit of pampering in for yourself!

Monday, March 31, 2008  
Blogger C said...

What? Did I really see you more than once in a week? Are you sure that's possible? That never happens! ;)

Tuesday, April 01, 2008  
Blogger Graceful said...

I hope you're feeling better!!! Perhaps I'll see you tomorrow night at the Gathering!!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home