I wonder...
...why people who hate their job so much keep working in the same position.
...how siblings of kids with disabilities cope, especially when their parent(s) obsess about the disability so much that it becomes "a cause" and the focus of their life, rather than raising a family.
...what my life would be like if I could be a good wife.
...how siblings of kids with disabilities cope, especially when their parent(s) obsess about the disability so much that it becomes "a cause" and the focus of their life, rather than raising a family.
...what my life would be like if I could be a good wife.

4 Comments:
I'm not trying to be difficult, and I'm sure the situation you are talking about is different, but I think it IS possible to have a child with a disability, make it a personal cause, and still devote TONS of time and attention to the disabled child's sibling.
Just my 2 cents. :)
And you are a good wife. Marriage is a 2 way street. Don't sell yourself short.
...sometimes people don't believe they have options or feel trapped. It's similar to me wondering why people stay in relationships that are unhealthy. WHY?
...I agree, it must be terribly hard on the siblings.
...you mean as opposed to being a great one?
Cyndee...I mostly agree with you. I admire parents who become experts on their child's disability. But there's a fine line between becoming an expert to be the best advocate for your child and becoming obsessed!
onemonkeyshow....I suppose you're right about feeling trapped...I wonder if it might also be the fear of change. I was there too. It's just frustrating to hear the same people ALWAYS complain about their job. Every job has it's frustrations, I'm sure...but aren't there any GOOD parts?! AND, good point about unhealthy relationships...another good, similar question!
Post a Comment
<< Home